Since 1986, GFTH has raised million of dollars for essential new clothing purchases.
Throughout the year, GFTH raises money to purchase new clothing and other items for donation to D.C. area homeless support organizations. Such items include thermal underwear, thermal socks, sweatshirts, sweatpants, hats, gloves, underwear, socks, and blankets. Because the organization has no overhead — no paid staff, no administrative costs — every single penny we receive goes directly toward purchasing items needed by the homeless.
Here is what your $ donation buys:
- $15 buys one dozen warm hats
- $25 buys three dozen pairs of men’s briefs
- $35 buys one dozen pairs of heavy Thinsulate gloves
- $55 buys one dozen hooded sweatshirts
- $60 buys one dozen pairs of men’s jeans
- $70 buys one dozen sets of men’s or women’s thermal underwear (tops and bottoms)
- $84 buys 10 black puffy synthetic down warm winter jackets
- $100 buys one dozen fleece blankets
- $200 buys 23 dozen pairs of unisex thermal socks
- $250 buys five dozen sets of kid’s thermal underwear (tops and bottoms)
Please visit our donation page.